Summer will be here before you know it, and that means your ice maker is about to get a workout. Frigidaire EFIC189-Silver Compact Ice Maker is critical when heat and humidity are on the rise, so you definitely want your ice maker to work at peak capacity. But what happens when you open your ice machine only to discover there are no ice cubes inside?
You can always fill an ice tray or two in your french door refrigerator with ice maker reviews as a backup plan, but you’ll want to get to the bottom of the issue with your portable ice maker as soon as possible — without having to give up and buy a new one on Amazon. As a rule, portable ice makers are much easier to use and more reliable than the ones found inside a standard kitchen freezer, but they might occasionally give you a bit of trouble.
If your ice maker is not making ice, then you can do some Frigidaire EFIC189-Silver Compact Ice Maker yourself before booking a professional appointment. Most of the time, the ice maker starts making ice by just resetting the machine. In this guide, we’re going to troubleshoot the Frigidaire ice maker.
Steps To Reset Frigidaire Portable Ice Maker
Follow these steps to reset the Frigidaire countertop ice maker-
- Unplug your Frigidaire ice maker from the power source.
- Drain the water reservoir.
- Open the lid and empty the ice basket.
- Now clean the metal tubes with a soft cloth.
- Close the ice maker lid.
- Plug-in the ice maker to the power socket.
- Turn ON the machine.
- Now, press and hold the power button of the ice maker for 10-12 seconds.
- Let it be on rest for the next 2-3 hours.
- Turn ON back and see if the problem is fixed.
Why Is My Frigidaire Countertop Ice Maker Not Making Ice?
There are a few reasons why your Frigidaire EFIC189-Silver Compact Ice Maker may not be making ice. For example,
There could be a problem with the power supply or power outlet.
If there is a problem with the power supply, the ice maker cannot work. Check the power cord and power outlet to make sure that they are functional and without defects.
There might not be enough water in the reservoir.
Your ice maker needs water to make ice. If the reservoir of your Frigidaire ice maker is empty, then it cannot make ice cubes. Check to see if the water reservoir is empty. If it is empty, refill it.
Something could be blocking the water supply line/filters.
If your ice maker has the right amount of water but it’s not making ice, there could be a blockage. Debris and mineral build-up in the water supply line could block the supply pump. Jams happen over time if you don’t clean your ice maker often.
Ice could freeze the supply line.
Ice can also block your Frigidaire EFIC189-Silver Compact Ice Maker. In this case, melt the ice. Unplug the ice maker and let it sit in a warm room for several hours.
The ice basket may be full.
Some ice makers have a sensor that detects when the ice bin is full or empty. If it is full, the sensor turns off the ice maker. So, the ice maker stops making ice cubes.
Your Frigidaire ice maker might be in cleaning mode.
Some self-cleaning ice makers stop producing ice when they are in cleaning mode. Always check to verify which mode your ice maker is in.
How To Reset Frigidaire Ice Maker In 6 Easy Steps
When troubleshooting your Frigidaire ice maker, the first thing you should do is reset it. Here are the steps to reset a Frigidaire ice maker:
- Hold/press the power button for 10 seconds
- Unplug your Frigidaire ice maker.
- If there’s water in the reservoir, drain the water reservoir.
- Empty the ice basket.
- Wait for 30 minutes, then plug in your Frigidaire ice maker again.
- Refill the reservoir and see if it works.
- MODERN DESIGN: Ice Maker with a large transparent window so you can always see your ice being made and the level.
- COMPACT & EASY: Frigidaire’s countertop portable ice maker offers a wide range of uses with a compact dimension of 15 x 11 x 14.5 inches. Our countertop ice maker is portable and compact, making it simple to transport and use.
- EFFICIENCY: Each 5-6 minute cycle produces 9 ice cubes, with a total capacity of 26lbs in 24 hours. When unused ice melts, the machines recycle the water to produce a fresh batch of ice. At any time, you may enjoy fresh ice.
- FUNCTIONALITY: When the basket is full, our ice maker indicators will remind you to take out the ice cubes, and when the ice maker is low on water, it will alert you to add more.
- VERSATILE: Choice of bullet ice in two different sizes; and counter-top design enables easy portability
- LARGE CAPACITY: 2.3qt water reservoir enables a large volume of ice production per batch and the large bin stores 1.5lbs of produced ice at a time.
The Bottom Line
Your Frigidaire EFIC189-Silver Compact Ice Maker for any number of reasons. Your best bet is to reset it to see if that solves the problem. If the above troubleshooting tips don’t solve your problem, please call a professional for help. You can also seek a replacement if your ice maker is still under warranty or within the Amazon return window.